Now-a-days, the users are highly attracted towards the Android device because of its features like interface, functionality of the applications and the memory management. Sometime, the users may face issue if their device gets lost or stolen. Thus, AVG has introduced a new feature of “Anti-Theft” in its Mobile Security product for Android device.
The Anti-Theft feature allows the users to control their lost or missing android devices, remotely by delivering some specific commands to that device. These specific commands can be sent in the form of text message to that lost device from the other device. To do so, the users need to activate the SMS commands on the AVG Mobile Security Anti-Theft interface.
How to Activate the text message commands:
By activating the text message commands, the users may send this text message commands from other device to the mobile that has been lost or stolen. The following functions will automatically occur on the lost device when the users send this text message commands to that device:
- An alarm will sound
- Locate the lost device on the map
- Device will get locked
- Erase all the personal data stored in that device
The text message commands will contain a command along with a 4-digit Security PIN. Thus, follow the stepwise procedure to set the Security PIN to be sent, in order to activate the Anti-Theft text message commands on the Android device:
- Launch the AVG Mobile Security for Android application on the device.
- Now, tap the “Anti-theft” tile.
- After this, an activity will appear on the Android device.
- Here, tap the “Security PIN” option.
- And then, set a 4-digit Security PIN.
After completing the process of creating the Security PIN, follow the below steps to test whether the PIN is working or not:
- Create a new text message to be sent on the lost device from other device.
- In the text message, type the following commands along with the Anti-Theft Security PIN
- AVGShout <users’ Security PIN>, for sounding the Alarm
- AVGlocate <users’ Security PIN>, for locating the device
- AVGlock <users’ Security PIN>, for locking the device
- AVGWipe <users’ Security PIN>, for wiping the data
If the users face any of the error or issue while activating the Anti-Theft text message or setting the Security PIN, then they may contact the AVG Customer Support on the AVG Customer Support toll free number to get a quick assistance. The AVG customer support team is available round the clock to provide the help to the users.
Lena Smith, the writer of this article has been into writing since five years. While writing, she focuses on mentioning each and every detail that can help her readers know about the latest technological changes, including Office updates, Microsoft product launches, antivirus errors, printer errors and more.