The driver of a specific printer is the major connection exists in between the printer and personal computer. The driver relays the command to printer that how and what to print. There may be several reasons of not working the printer such as incompatible or corrupted drivers, wrong setting, or missing updates. The fixing of a printer driver is usually the matter of installing, updating, or reinstalling the existing driver. There may come several errors while installing or working with HP printer due to following errors:
- Incompatible printer driver with the installed window
- Incorrectly configured printer driver
- Incorrect entry of printer driver in windows registry
- Virus or malware has infected the printer driver.
Common printer driver problems:
If the printer driver starts developing a problem, you may not be able to print any type of documents or unable to use some features of a printer. The two common printer driver error messages are written below:
- Error 1 – Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Meaning – This error usually displayed on installation of older printer error.
- Error 2 – Spoolsv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Meaning – This error is displayed on installation of incompatible printer driver with your window operating system.
To diagnose these two or any other errors, you can make the use of a device manager. To can open the device manager by following these steps:
- Open Control Panel
- Double-click System
- Open Device Manager
Fixing Printer driver problem:
- Installing the latest version printer driver from the HP website
- Updating the existing printer driver
- Removing the window error
- Removing malware or virus from computer
- Checking the connection between the printer and computer
- Using a reliable driver management tool.
- Download the Printer troubleshooter to resolve the printer issue.
- Resetting the printer.
- Refreshing the windows device manager
After ensuring the aforementioned checklist, if the problem still persists, then contact HP Printer support. The dedicated technician team will be glad to assist you!
Lena Smith is the Technology Explained Writer with five years of experience. She has a contemporary writing degree from a renowned college. In a 5-year writing career she has written hundreds of articles and blogs on latest technology, product launches, antivirus, HP printer errors, Office errors and more. Her articles have been appreciated by the readers due to the accuracy of the information.